How much can I save?
Depending on your installation and your lux level requirements, you can expect to save between 60 and 78% with any CRT installation.
What sort of payback can I expect?
CRT Local Authority installations, including SLX and retrofits, come with a 2 to 5 year payback.
Is CRT Lighting ELIGIBLE for SALIX Funding?
Absolutely. A number of our customers have taken advantage of salix funding for CRT installations.
What is the benefit of Retrofitting over Replacing?
There are numerous benefits to retrofitting rather than buying new. These are some of the main reasons you might choose this route:
- For certain installations, retrofitting can provide a cheaper alternative to fully replacing the entire unit and housing
- Retrofitting can provide a faster installation for luminaires such as illuminated bollards and subway lighting, decreasing costs and public disruption, and increasing the safety of the lighting engineer doing the work
- Retrofitting can provide a greener option to full replacement, as you are minimising waste by keeping your old housings and decreasing the carbon expenditure required to produce and transport your upgrade
- Retrofitting is an ideal option in areas of cultural heritage, where a new installation is undesirable. We can put an upgraded tray straight into your original housing, allowing you to reduce carbon and energy expenditure whilst maintaining the look of the area.
How complex is installation?
An essential part of every CRT product design offers simple and straight forward installation. All Local Authority luminaires are designed and manufactured to minimise the installation time, with your lighting engineers in mind.
What Lumens Per Watt can I expect?
All CRT products will acheive 129 lumens per watts at 30 watts or less. Higher wattage products may vary. Please enquire for more information
Do I get a discount for Larger Volume orders?
We offer prices based on puchase volume as we are committed to passing on bulk manufacturing savings etc.
Do CRT products come with a warranty?
We offer a standard five year full replacement warranty. Extended warranties are also available on request.
What LEDs do you use and what is the life expectancy?
We only use the best LEDs in our luminaires, which are manufactured by Cree. Cree LEDs are market leaders, offering exceptionally reliable products which come with an operational lifetime expectancy of 109,000 hours.
Does installing a retrofit unit have any advantage over replacing with LED tubes?
Installing a retrofit unit carries several distinct advantages:
- CRT Retrofit installations benefit from an expected operational lifetime of 109,000 hours, which is significantly longer than an LED tube, particularly for fixtures which are in use 24 hours a day. Although the initial purchase cost can be higher, installing a custom retrofit reduces maintenance and replacement costs in the long term.
- Installing a retrofit designed specifically for use with your fixture can be a more secure option for discouraging theft, as the unit cannot be removed and used with any generic fixture elsewhere.
We are always happy to answer questions or talk you through any queries you might have about your personal lighting requirements. If you don't see the answer to your answer here or would like more information please don't hesitate to contact us.